Sunday, November 08, 2009

Song of the Moon, Rusalka's aria from Dvorak's Opera 'Rusalka'

O moon high up in the deep, deep sky,

Your light sees far away regions,

You travel round the wide,

Wide world peering into human dwellings

O, moon, stand still for a moment,

Tell me, ah, tell me where is my lover!

Tell him. please, silvery moon in the sky,

That I am hugging him firmly,

That he should for at least a while

Remember his dreams!

Light up his far away place,

Tell him, ah, tell him who is here waiting!

If he is dreaming about me,

May this remembrance waken him!

O, moon, don't disappear, disappear!

Translation by Jules Brunelle (brunellejules@videotron.ca)

Mesiku na nebi hlubokem

Svetlo tvé daleko vidi,

Po svete bloudis sirokém,

Divas se v pribytky lidi.

Mesicku, postuj chvili

reckni mi, kde je muj mily

Rekni mu, stribmy mesicku,

me ze jej objima rame,

aby si alespon chvilicku

vzpomenul ve sneni na mne.

Zasvet mu do daleka,

rekni mu, rekni m kdo tu nan ceka!

O mneli duse lidska sni,

at'se tou vzpominkou vzbudi!

Mesicku, nezhasni, nezhasni!


 

4 Comments:

Blogger abby jenkins said...

lovely! really lovely!

12:06 am  
Blogger Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

So pleased to have found you! I was searching for the translation of, "Song of the Moon," and there you were. I most certainly look forward to following. Do you accept followers? I too, am enamored with poetry, music and art. In 1983, I adopted APOGEE moon as a metaphor for my life's work.

http://www.apogeelearning.com
http://www.apogeeart.com
http://www.apogeepoet.blogspot.com

Thank you for this post.

Best,

Rose Marie

6:31 pm  
Blogger Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

PS The "follow" function is now operational and so I have answered my own question. Thanks again, I am pleased to have connected.

6:37 pm  
Blogger johnthebarman said...

Thanks for commenting.

3:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home